With over fifty years as a locally owned and operated fuel and lubricant distributor, NPD has a reputation for delivering quality service and products to customers throughout it’s network both in the South Island and recently into the North Island.
The continual growth of the business is a result of the NPD Management and staff, who pride themselves on exceeding expectations in an evolving environment which is challenging and dynamic. We are an essential service.
This position is a permanent full-time (40 hours per week) role based at our NPD Head Office in Richmond and is mainly responsible for co-ordinating our current card application processes. This is a valuable role within the business, as it not only looks after our new customers, but assists with large volumes of queries/card adjustments from our existing and constantly growing valued customer base. You will need to be focussed, organised, flexible and be able to prioritise consistently.
Key functions currently are;
- Processing, managing and maintaining our NPD card applications
- Screening and opening new accounts for approved card or fuel account applicants
- One-on-one communication over the phone or via email, with new customers and our Area Sales Managers
- Company key registration
- Supporting the administration team with month end processes
- General accounts support to the wider NPD network
- All aspects of customer service internally and externally.
Key relevant skills for the role are:
- Problem solving customer or team queries
- Being a clear, calm and confident communicator
- Prioritising and being able to manage large volumes of work (with assistance)
- Naturally be a highly organised, methodically minded person that loves numbers, processes and systems
- Possess accurate data entry skills
- Have a calm helpful positive manner
- Intermediate level proficiency using MS Office Products, particularly Excel, and experience navigating various software or database systems in an accounting or administration environment.
This position would suit someone with at least five years’ office/accounts or administration experience with a serious obsession for detail. The processes are easy to pick up, but managing the volumes, variable details with different clients and how the workflows in, requires skill.
You’ll be joining an amazing team. To thrive in this area, you will be committed to reliability and communication with a solution-based mindset. You will be part of a diverse, strong culture that is dedicated to supporting the wider business groups and the businesses overall growth.
Drug and alcohol policy applies. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
The role is evolving. Please register your interest as soon as you can. We are aiming to have someone within the business by the end of November.
To apply please email mailto:Josey@npd.co.nz with:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter explaining how you will suit the position.
If you have any queries you can also email Josey, or call our Head Office to talk to her, 03 544 6162.
Applications close as soon as we have found a suitable applicant. Thank you.
NPD Administrator Card Applications – Nelson
NPD Nelson/ Richmond